November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

It's a day early, but I'll be on the road to my hometown in the next few hours and wanted to wish everyone a good holiday. Safe travels to anyone heading out the door.

Brew-wise, the plan is to hit Flyers when we get up to Oak Harbor. I've heard good things about their beer and would like to obtain live, self-confirmation of the praise. And for my Thanksgiving meal, I'm breaking into the Black Butte XXI that I held off on about a week ago. Very interested to see what a year in the bottle has wrought.

Looking ahead to the weekend, the Beer Fridge stands empty and needs restocking. A trip to either John's or Belmont is extremely likely for Saturday with an eye toward the winter selections that have been rolling out. Maybe a side run to the Barrel house if I end up crossing the river. After the UM-OSU game, I might need cheering up with good beer.

2 comments:

  1. Flyers is pretty reliable for Oak Harbor - pretty decent beer and good brewpub food. Have fun on the island!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, traffic was a seven-hour death march on the drive north and by the time we arrived, decompressed, and headed over, they had closed for the night. This OH trip is an up tonight/back tomorrow, so it looks like a visit is not in the cards. I'll make sure to hit it next time around (likely in April).

    ReplyDelete