August 6, 2010

Weekend Options: 8/6 - 8/8

Couple of events and happenings in the area that I'm possibly doing this weekend:

  • The 2nd Annual Nano Beer Fest: Fanno Creek Brew Pub in Tigard is doing another of their "small brewery" festivals. Think of it is a very reduced version of the OBF, but for smaller breweries (or closely approximating a small brewery). There are some nice things on the list of beers and, since it's basically six minutes from my front door and I met a guy at Bailey's last weekend who was telling me to go, this may be in the cards for a Saturday trip.
  • Bite of Oregon: While primarily food based, there is a beer garden in place at the Bite and the beer, while nothing hard to find or out of season, is still a good list of local, big-name brewers putting a decent foot forward. Two or three on the list are ones I have not tried, so if we're in the area and attend, I'll definitely head that direction.
  • Upright Releases 'Late Harvest': On Sunday, Upright drops their newest creation during their usual 1-6pm Tasting Room hours. The description (a pinot-barrel-aged farmhouse brown ale brewed with pomegranate seeds, grains of paradise, and Tasmanian peppercorns) is more than enough to pique my interest and since I've never been to the location, it might be a fun Sunday afternoon event.

No comments:

Post a Comment