June 27, 2010

What I Drank This Weekend

Doryman's Dark Ale (Pelican Bay Brewing): This is the brown ale offering from Pelican and one that I enjoy. Picked up a bomber of this on Friday and had it with dinner. Malty deliciousness, gets nuttier as it warms up over an hour.

Velvet Underground
(Hopworks): This is a imperial version of their Velvet ESB with dark malt. Runs about 8.3%, thick and tasty - had this on-tap at the HUB brewery location while watching the first half of the US-Ghana match. The dark malt helps to bleed off the boozy taste of the beer and it was a serious mid-day treat.

Four (Upright Brewing): I'm learning to love this brewery. Upright does farmhouse ales but twists them slightly in American fashion. Their primary four beers in rotation are Four, Five, Six, and Seven - named for the amount of alcohol in the brew. Had this on-tap at the Laurelhurst Market - like a farmhouse hefe, lemon and wheat are dominant. Just like the others I've had (Six and Seven), this is great beer and I'm looking forward to having more from these guys.

Kolsch (Double Mountain Brewery): Had this to finish off dinner - on-tap at the Market. This style is great for summer - very light and drinkable. I don't think this is the greatest version I've had, but it was still another solid offering from Double Mountain. I continue to be happy whenever I order their beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment