June 22, 2010

Allow me to crack one open for you . . .

For the last few months, I've been giving serious thought to having a place to write about beer. Since arriving in Oregon around June of 2007, I've come to the conclusion that:
  • Beer is something I enjoy
  • I'm unarguably living in one of the world's best spots for the stuff - Portland is basically Mecca for beer.
  • I find friends and family polite, but not quite into the whole 'beer scene'
  • A place to keep track of my opinions is much more helpful than relying on memory
Thus, the blog. On here, I hope to discuss beer I like/dislike, events in the area that I participate in, trips to various brewpubs, musings on the stuff, and - if I get frisky later in the year - the trials and tribulations of the homebrewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment